Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Pregnancy Tai Chi

And breathe...damn you Braxton Hicks!

To be honest with you I wasn't planning on blogging today. I wanted to take a day off, but since Im not giving birth why not blog. lol. This pregnancy as I've said has been though since the beginning. Morning sickness all day sickness but thank GOD I didn't throw up. Headaches, ligament pains, toothaches, and everything in between. The one thing I planned to definitely do was keep fit in a less stressful and low impact manner. I did a little bit of prenatal yoga which help with my ligament and now that I am really close to my due date I've been doing tai chi...yes yes insert chinese joke...


It helps because I move slowly, controls my balance by bending my knees having my head align with my hips. Also like those child birth classes which teaches you to control your breathing, I breathe in through my nose and out my mouth. I'm not saying it takes the pain away. But it sure does help me concentrate on something other than the pain. I've maintain my flexibility while helping myself stay calm. I wish I knew about tai chi and helping myself better before with my first pregnancy, other than bitching under the covers in fetal position. As the time gets closer and I'm sure the contractions get nearer and starting labor by myself this time, I know I'll be ready and in a great state of mind.


[Tai Chi for Pregnancy - The 9 Month Club]




Cher

No comments:

Post a Comment

You Said What