Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Daylight Savings Surprise Birth

[Nathan Daniel]

Okay this is more of part two of my birth story. Part one you can find here! So I will continue our little story with as my my labor progressed naturally THANK GOD! [So glad the doctors let me wait it out without any intervention.] I had reach the dreaded 7 cm. I was stuck there for an hour with no progress until they found out the cord was wrapped around his neck and head. So crazy the doctors and nurses scrambled and without saying C SECTION in front of me knowing what I would do to them they said "we can shoot up some fluid to hopefully loosen the cord." It worked!

[minutes after giving birth]

Seriously after the cord loosened up I felt so much pressure within the next thirty minutes I told Rad, "Get up and get the camera NOW!" I yelled for the doctor and said, "Check it! Check it now!" She saw I was at 10 cm! From 7 to 10 within thirty minutes...sooooo intense. I did a lot of deep breathes and visualizing the baby easing his way down. As they all ran around getting ready, scrubbing up in their silly little get ups, my husband help hold my leg up. I pushed, bear down, and took a deep breath. I did that what seemed like a total of ten times and five minutes later Nathan Daniel was earth bound! Amazing, truly amazing how this morning I was planning a day out with my boys before getting induced but instead had what I would call my DREAM LABOR! Quick and painless...well not so painless, but all worth it to see him so alert and hear him cry. I was in shock. I really was. Rad said, "I told you he'd be out in 5 minutes!"

[check up and first bath]

I smiled at the whole thought of how my day just went. Nate was a surprise to begin with and the way he came on daylight savings and two days after Daddy's birthday...it couldn't be more perfect! We welcomed him at 7:30 pm weighing 7 lbs 11 ounces and 20.5 inches tall. Happy Birthday Nathan we love you! xoxoxo


1 comment:

  1. Congratulations! Glad to hear everything went well. He's adorable.

    ReplyDelete

You Said What