Wednesday, October 10, 2012

First Day Of Pre-K



Today was Max's first day of Pre-K. I woke him up with a super big breakfast and got ready. Orientation started at 9:45am. We got there the parents sat on one side of the room while the children ran over to the other side to get to know the student teachers, the classroom, and their new friends. Max's main teacher explained that they will be using the High Scope curriculum. I was happy to see that he was very social and cooperative. He is a lively energetic child so I was a bit worried. But since I'm the type of person who likes to think ahead and prepare...I prepared Max on what possible things he will experience during his day in school. I was excited to see that putting him into this program was well worth it! I've home schooled him as much as he wanted to without coercing him. But I thought there is a big different in learning by yourself and learning within a group. I felt that being at home and having occasional playdates was no longer enough. So socialization via Pre-K was it. But not only is it for socialization...he gets to LEARN! I'm happy and proud of him and I can't wait to see what the rest of his future holds. Go get them Max!

[Max with some of the student teachers]



No comments:

Post a Comment

You Said What