Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Dear Pregnancy You Suck

Don't get me wrong I love being pregnant. This is my second pregnancy and I'd like to say, "YOU SUCK!" The first trimester was hell. I couldn't eat, every smell was driving me nuts! Everything was gross and I lose 20 pounds. You hear about pregnancy food cravings both normal and odd. As for me it was the total opposite! I had food aversion that lasted until my 25th week of pregnancy. Even though I had lost 20 pounds every prenatal appointment went well. Every blood test done was normal. Only concern is eating protein.



I substituted chicken and beef with tofu. Fried tofu was the bomb! Fried tofu and stir fry was incredible! I made fried tofu in the oven, so technically its baked. Baked but still deliciously crispy! I would preheat the oven at 400 degrees. Cut cubes of tofu and lightly salt it and coat with olive oil. Put it in the oven every couple of minutes I'd brush coat it with more olive oil. It will crisp up and taste great. Something delicious and healthy. I would eat it with a cup of brown rice. A great meal!




Cher

2 comments:

You Said What